Job Description for Show Judge
The annual Visions of Light Shows and the Monochrome Photography Shows are produced by the Palmer Divide Photographers, and hosted by the Tri Lakes Center for the Arts Gallery in Palmer Lake, Colorado. The jury of up to three anonymous persons who select the show images. The show judge assigns awards after the show is hung, before the Opening Reception.
We expect the show judge to promote themselves and their work. The Palmer Divide Photographer’s Group will advertise the judge and the show on the Central Front Range in Colorado. Its always helpful for the judge to advertise the event on their mailing list and websites as well.
For more information about the Palmer Divide Photographers Group and the past juried photography shows, go to PalmerDividePhotographers.com
- Judge for Awards • Best of Show, Originality, Composition, Technical Excellence, Artistic Merit, Overall Impact. Done after the show is hung, before the Opening Reception.
- Award critique of each award photo–written or video–which is an important part of the Award package.
- Judge’s Seminar • A presentation on some aspect of photography that includes a show walk, discussing various images in the show but not revealing awards. $30 entry fee [60% artist/40% gallery]
- Opening Reception • Speak a few words about the show. Short walk discussing the award photos–group or individual artists
- 2nd Mon evening seminar • an evening with the Palmer Divide Photographer’s Group’s monthly meeting.
- Saturday workshop or guided photo shoot [free or for profit]